Prior to writing this post, I took a look back on my 2018 New Years resolutions post, and realized that many of my goals from that post relate to my goals for this year. Either that means I’m not very good at sticking to resolutions (lol), or my goals continue to be a work in progress. Either way, I think it’s important to note that many of my previous goals are still important to me today, which means I’m setting intentional and relevant goals, so that’s good enough for me! I’d love to hear, what resolutions/goals are you focusing on in 2019?
- Eat healthier and workout when I travel. If you’ve followed me the past year, you know I spend a tonnn of time on the road traveling for my blog. In the past, I’ve looked at those trips more as vacations than work travel, and that’s impacted my eating and fitness mentality while on the trips. I want to treat these trips more like I am working from home and try not to get too far off from my health/fitness goals.
- Say no more. I want to be more intentional about what I commit to this year, both personally and professionally. I have a terrible case of FOMO, and get so worried about missing out on ‘fun’ experiences. I want to begin evaluating each opportunity from an ROI perspective, both as it relates to my personal relationships and blog experiences. More than anything, I want to avoid overloading myself and getting burnt out. This past year, my commitments were bigger than my capacity (like eyes bigger than your stomach), and I found myself completely burnt out by the end of the year.
- Take daily vitamins and drink more water. Both things I’m terrible at doing, but are so important for your health. I want to make an effort to do both more consistently.
- Be more present and make time for the relationships closest to me. This past year, I missed out on a LOT of important moments as sacrifices to growing my blog. Those are moments I will never get back, and though my blog is very important to me, I want to keep perspective about setting aside time for important relationships.
- Be more productive throughout my day. It’s so hard working from home. I find myself getting distracted or jumping from task to task often. I’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts about productivity and they recommend setting aside blocks of time every day to dedicate to specific tasks. I am hoping to implement these strategies to help me stick to a schedule and remain productive.
- Read more. Blogging is very time consuming, and I often find myself sacrificing activities that are important for my personal help to dedicate more time towards blogging. I want to learn to turn it off and dedicate more time towards activities I really enjoy like reading and working out.
- Blog more consistently and stick to a schedule, ideally 3 times per week. I don’t know why, but this is SO hard for me. Blog posts take a lot of time, and I never want to half-write a blog post. I try to make every blog post I write an interesting topic and find myself getting stuck in the writing. When I first started blogging, I was posting 5 times per week, but they were not thought-provoking posts, it was more like journaling my day. I believe in quality over quantity now, and think 3 times per week is doable while also creating interesting content.
- Focus on lowering my business costs. In 2018, I don’t think I gave enough attention towards my business costs as it relates to travel and general expenses as I was more focused on my income. I am realizing it is definitely a balance. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
- Extend my blog verticals, potentially including more home content. I tested home content on my blog for the first time during the holidays, and you guys really enjoyed it. I have some exciting things coming in 2019 as it relates to home and can’t wait to share with you guys. Stay tuned!
- Network more in the blogging community. I get so much joy out of meeting new people and developing relationships, and I want to do more of it in 2019. Whether it is local meet ups or going on more trips with bloggers in 2019, I would really love to meet more people and find community in blogging.
- Hire help. This is something that has been on my heart for a while, and I was just waiting for the right moment when I felt ready to hire someone. I dabbled in hiring an intern last year for my blog, and it wasn’t good timing because frankly I wasn’t ready to dedicate the time in training someone. The past couple of months have made me realize I am in over my head and can not longer do it all on my own. Hiring someone not only helps my personal health, but it will allow me to take more breaks throughout the year. Very excited about this.
- More story content. I have to admit, I struggle with being vulnerable and putting myself out there on stories, so I make excuses and avoid it altogether. But vulnerability is so important in blogging. It gives opportunity for relationships and allows your readers to get to know you more. I want to stop caring so much about what other people think and just be myself by being present on stories. It will be a big challenge for me this year, but it is definitely time. 🙂
I hope these goals inspire you to write down a couple of your own. I find that when I write them down and have something to refer back to, I’m more likely to stick to them. Go ahead, leave your goals in the comment section below so that we can keep each other accountable. Thank you so much for your support and following along in 2018. You mean more to me than words could ever express, and I’m so appreciative for this community. Xoxo.
| Shop the Post |
*Images by @Kristen.Bishop.Day