Happy Monday! I just got back from Dallas for #RStheCon and I am currently working from bed with a face mask on recovering from the weekend. Phew, what a weekend it was! I’ll be recapping everything on Wednesday of this week, so be sure to check back in on the blog to read. Speaking of face masks, the Sephora Beauty Insider Event is currently going on and it’s an opportunity to take advantage on some major sales on some of my favorite beauty products.
I thought about how I wanted to share my favorites with you, and I could have gone in the direction of a beauty routine, the purchases I repurchase over and over, or even my day or night skincare routine. I wanted to make sure I covered all categories on the sale, so I settled on my top 5 purchases from the 3 big beauty categories: makeup, skincare and haircare. You can get up to 15% off (depending on your insider status), on all of these products. Simply use these codes: Rouge members (YAYROUGE for 15% off), VIB members (YAYVIB for 15% off), and any Insider member (YAYINSIDER for 10% off).
Below I’ve included why I love these products and think they’re great for adding into your routine if you haven’t yet discovered these amazing products. What are your favorite products from the sale? I’m always looking to up my beauty game and try other’s favorite products. Let me know in the comment section below!
Top-5 Purchases in Makeup
- Huda Beauty Matte Liquid Lipstick – I’ve raved about this lipstick for so long – it’s bar far one of my favorite matte formulas and it lasts throughout the day despite drinking/eating. My favorite color for my olive skin tone is Trophy Wife but you can currently buy 4 packs of small samples to try more colors at a reasonable price.
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops – Another product I’ve gone on and on about to you guys. This is a liquid highlighter that has so many uses. I mix a couple of drops in my foundation for a summer glow or even use as a concentrate highlighter on my upper cheek bone. I tend to use the shade sunlight during the day and moonlight at night.
- ABH Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette – This is a new eyeshadow I’ve recently discovered and I LOVE it for Spring! It has so many pretty pink tones that mix so well together. It also has the versatility of some warm dark tones for a transition to night look. ABH eyeshadows are highly pigmented yet super soft so the formula is great!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder – A product that travels everywhere with me! I use it for baking my foundation/concealer as well as to mask oil throughout the day. It doesn’t add any additional color it simply conceals the oily places on your face.
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer – Hands down my favorite primer and it’s versatile for both matte and dewy makeup looks (depending on the foundation you use). It’s great at concealing pores and I love, love the finish.
Top-5 Purchases in Skincare
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – I recently tried this product in one of my subscription boxes and I really love it! It’s a liquid product, similar to a toner that also moisturizes your skin. I add to a cotton ball and pat on to my face after cleansing.
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Mask – A gel mask that you can sleep in at night and smells like watermelons! Wash off in the morning to reveal glowing, tightened skin.
- Peter Thomas Roth Hydra-Gel Eye Patches – these eye patches are my saving grace when I wake up with puffy eyes. The gold eye patches are great for reducing fine lines, and there are also blue eye patches great for hydration and reducing puffiness. I rotate them out depending on my current needs. SO good!
- Fresh Rose Facial Toner – My favorite toner on the market because I loveeee the smell of roses. I spray onto my skin after moisturizing as well as use it as a setting spray for my makeup. It helps hydrate my skin and make it feel dewy.
- Jo Malone London Cologne Fragrance – My girlfriend introduced me to this when I visited her in San Francisco and I immediately fell in love. All the scents are made of essential oils and smell amazing. They’re meant to be layered to create custom scents. My current favorite is Blackberry & Bay. Every time she sprayed it I was like “what is that!?” and knew I had to have it!
Top-5 Purchases in Haircare
- Living Proof Dry Volume Blast – This is one of my favorite volume sprays and it smells amazing. I use it after I comb through my curls to give my hair some beachy volume.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector – I was introduced to this product by my hair dresser when I was trying to repair my hair from heat and color damage from the past. It heals your hair from within by strengthening the bonds and preventing breakage. Sephora recommends leaving on your hair for 10 minutes and washing out, but I actually sleep in it overnight and wrap my hair in a towel. I wake up and wash it out and my hair feels like silk.
- T3 Whirl Trio Wand – My go-to curling wand, which you all probably know. 🙂 I rotate between the different size barrels depending on the look I am going for.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo – My favorite dry shampoo. I love it because it conceals oils on my scalp but is also very moisturizing. I don’t feel like it creates a buildup or completely drys out my scalp like most dry shampoos.
- DryBar Southern Belle Root Lifter – I visited a DryBar salon while in Dallas this past weekend and the stylist used this on my hair. It gave me so much volume at my root and I’m obsessed. She sprayed it into my root when it was wet and used a blow dryer from roots to ends with a round brush to produce some added volume.