My Fall Bucket List
Fall is one of my absolute favorite seasons (a part from Christmas, of course). I love that the weather starts to cool down, the leaves start to change, and it’s finally appropriate to pull out the bulky sweaters and I secretly wear all Summer long. Each year I always put together a Fall bucket list of things I’d like to accomplish before Winter comes. If I don’t, I always find that my favorite season tends to pass me by. This keeps me accountable that I take full advantage of the time. Keep reading to see what I’m planning this Fall!
- Indulge with a PSL – Pumpkin Spice Latte (or maybe a few!) – believe it or not I haven’t had one yet this season, but that’s why it ranks No. 1 on my list!
- Create a Fall paradise on my front porch – I say I want to do this every year and I never find the time for it, this year it’s happening! I may even share it with you 🙂
- Visit an apple cidery! – CHECK! completed this one on my list in my trip to Vermont – the apple cider doughnuts are a must!
- Go to a football game – Drew and I have season tickets to the Carolina Panthers and we haven’t been to a game yet because September was too crazy for us. We’ll be going to a game here very soon!
- Host a cookout before the weather gets cold – Drew and I have the most amazing back porch that’s screened in and we never use it. I want to have some friends over to cookout this year before the weather gets cold.
6. Go to a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins – We like to do this every year, and if I’m being honest I get really into it. I’m pretty competitive so I’d have to say I let it get the best of me! 🙂
7. Smores at the lake! – My in-laws own a lake house, so a couple of weekend’s throughout the Fall we go up there to stay and they always do a bonfire with smores. Pro tip: add a Reese’s instead of a chocolate square – holy moly!
8. Take a scenic drive through the mountains – again another one that got checked off my list in Vermont, but I’d love to do it through our NC mountains as well since the leaves weren’t quiteeee changed during our recent trip.
9. Bake a Fall dessert – I absolutely loveeee pumpkin pie! or really anything pumpkin. I don’t bake often but try to take advantage during the Fall and cook up something new and yummy! I’ll share the recipe with you when I do. 🙂
10. Attend a Fall fair – Fairs are so nostalgic for me because I used to go them all the time when I was little. Our local one falls right around my birthday so it was always my birthday treat for my parents. The last couple of years it’s been so much fun seeing my niece and nephew riding the rides having the same fun my sister and I used to have. I would love to go this year!
11. Last but certainly not least, volunteer! – It’s the season to give thanks for all the blessings you have, but that also means giving back. Last year Drew and I cooked chili for our local Ronald McDonald house. I’d love to continue that tradition.
What’s on your Fall bucket list this year? Leave me a comment in the comment section below and let me know! Also – don’t forget to pin the picture below to keep these ideas on your Pinterest board.
Thanks for stopping by!