Happy Friday, friends! Last night Vanessa (@thecheekybeen) and I resumed our weekly live session. We have been MIA the last two weeks with both of us traveling and trying to navigate the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for you guys. With that said, we announce our live sessions each week and would like to make them more consistent. Our goal is to pick a day that works for us and stick with it. What day would work best for you? We are open to suggestions. 🙂 Also – if there are any topics you’d like us to cover, you can always reach out to us via e-mail or comment on this post!
Shop Today’s Look:
The day following each live session, I also plan to do a recap post that will summarize what we talked about. Of course, the best thing you can do is go re-watch the live on either of our channels (depending on whose we used that week – we switch off), but this will give you a general idea of what we discussed. Last night’s live session covered our top 5 beauty products by rank. I believe Vanessa is doing her own recap, so be sure to visit her blog to see her favorites (TheCheekyBeen.com). Another thing I want to mention is that NONE of these products are sponsored. They are all ones that I purchased on my own and decided to try on my OWN. No endorsements made here whatsoever, as this is a genuine post of my favorites. Here is my rank from 5 to 1, same order we discussed last night. I hope you enjoy!
5. Bobby Brown Under Eye Color Corrector in Peach – I use this product to conceal the dark spots under my eyes. Having olive skin, it is much easier to see the dark circles under your eyes, especially after a night of lack of sleep (which those are happening more frequently here lately). This product has been a saving grace. I pat it under my eye and smooth it with a beauty blender prior to applying concealer. It may appear odd at first because it will be orange under your eyes, but it cancels out the dark spots so the concealer goes on more evenly. I can tell a HUGEEE difference when I don’t use it.
4. Lush Cosmetics H’Suan Wen Wua Hair Mask – Ok, super random. But, I recently discovered this hair mask when visiting my local Lush Cosmetics store. It’s always so busy so I thought I’d walk through and give it a try. The guy working there highly recommended this mask, and I’d been on the lookout for a good one so I decided to try it. Life changing!! My hair feels a lot more moisturized after only 2 uses. My hair dresser said she even noticed. I do a lot of heat styling on my hair, and it was causing a lot of damage so I knew I needed to do something. This will definitely be a part of my weekly routine, and I highly recommend you try it yourself!
3. Laura Mercier Translucent Powder – I’m sure you all have heard of this product, but I use it at least 3 times a day, so I knew it had to be 1 of the 5 I mentioned. This powder goes on completely clear so I love that it doesn’t add color after I’ve already done my makeup. I use it to set my foundation and concealer as well as apply in small applications to rid my face of oil throughout the day. It really helps with shiny skin and is a great powder when you don’t need thick color or bronzer. Definitely a product every girl needs in her beauty bag.
2. Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight – I love multi-purpose products, and this one has a lot of fun uses. It comes in 8 different shades will color undertones (blue, purple, brown, orange, yellow, etc.). I use it most often to create a glowing appearance to matte foundation. I use a squirt of my foundation and swirl in 2 drops of this product and it creates an all-over sunkissed glow appearance to your makeup. In addition, it can also be used as a liquid highlight. I apply a very small line to the top of my cheek bone (over my foundation) and blend it in lightly in a concentrated form to create a strong highlight. Last but not least, you can use it has a light glow eyeshadow when you’re looking for more of a natural eyeshadow application. Another must-have for your beauty bag. I had a hard time choosing this product or the next one as my number one!
1. Huda Beauty Matte Lipstick – I had the hardest time finding a lipstick that stayed all day AND was comfortable to wear AND I loved all the colors in the set, and this product checked all 3 boxes. It’s not thick on application like most liquid lipsticks. It goes on similar to a gloss and is very moisturizing. I love that it stays all day yet you barely know you are wearing it. I’ve never had to reapply throughout the day. Secondly, I’m obsessed with every color Huda has put in her collection. I’m not sure if it is because her and I both have olive complexions, but I feel like the colors were made for me. My favorite is Trophy Wife and I’ve been told that colors looks great on all skin tones! Another product I have no doubt you will fall in love with.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Drew and I are off to the beach for a reunion with his family. It has been a while since the 12 (yes, 12 and NO kids!), have gotten together so it will be good to catch up and relax for the weekend.