I’ve been doing some trial and error with a ton of new beauty products lately, and I thought I’d dedicate a blog post to share some of my new favorite with you. In addition to revamping my wardrobe in the Fall and Spring, I also love revamping my beauty cabinet to get ready for the new season. Keep reading to see why I’m raving about each of these products.
- Bye Bye Makeup Balm – I use this product each night to remove my makeup. It’s a balm that melts into an oil when it touches the heat of your hand. Not only is it fabulous for removing makeup, but I also love that it is extremely hydrating. Some nights, I don’t like washing my face to take off my makeup because it dries out my skin. This product does the job while not washing away natural oils that your skin needs to replenish itself over night.
- Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette – This palette was released in limited supply last Spring, and I searched for MONTHS trying to find it in stock. I was ecstatic when I saw it was coming back this season and I purchased it immediately to ensure I got a set. This palette truly lived up to it’s hype, and I love all the pretty, feminine colors for Spring, but also a nice variety of lights and darks. The eyeshadow is very creamy and applies in a concentrated layer on my skin. I definitely recommend!
- Brazilian Bum Bum Cream – I literally LOL’d when I saw this product in Sephora. They had it displayed as one of their featured products of the month. One of the sale associates looked at me and said, just try it. I smelt this body butter and fell in LOVE! It smells so good and I love how it leaves my skin feeling. HTS beauty tip: it’s great for preserving a spray tan, too. Just apply all over every time you get out of the shower to avoid the dry flakiness that tends to come with a 5-7 day old spray tan.
- Under Eye Brightener – This is one of my absolute favorite products I’ve recently discovered. I’m a huge fan of lighter under eye areas, but I have a hard time finding a concealer that is a light enough shade and also covers my dark spots (this concealer has come close). I pat this under eye brightener over my applied concealer to make my under eyes extra luminous. Simply buff it out with a beauty blender and see the magic happen. 🙂
- HOL/Sephora False Lashes – I’ve used the HOL/Sephora collection of lashes for a while in the “timeless” set, but I recently tried their “seductress” set and I’m hooked. I think I’ve bought 3 pairs already. They’re thicker and more voluminous, but still not over board. I think they’re just right for the times when you want to apply lashes for a little something extra. This lash glue is also one of my favorites, so I recommend using it to apply these lashes.
- Huda Beauty Lipstick – This is the only lipstick I’m currently buying, trying to rack up every shade as I my pockets fill back up. I haven’t found a long lasting lipstick that I’m truly obsessed with yet, but this one comes close. I love the texture of how this lipstick feels when I first apply it, but I love it more when it dries (that never happens!). I don’t feel like it dries out my lips and it’s also not too thick where I can feel a layer of plastic on my lips. My favorite shade I’ve been wearing lately is “trophy wife.” It’s the perfect Spring shade.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo for Brunettes – This is hands down my favorite dry shampoo, and believe me, I have tried them ALL! My only complaint about it when I first tried it was that it sprays white and is hard to blend in. They recently came out with a brunette version and although it’s not perfectly brown to match my hair, it definitely blends in a lot better. This dry shampoo sprays in a perfect application, and it is very light weight in my hair. I apply a lot of dry shampoo throughout this week so I can’t stand when it becomes chalky over time. I love spraying it in and running my brush through it with the heat of a hair dryer for perfect distribution throughout my roots.
- Living Proof Dry Texturizing Spray – This is another one of those products where I feel like I’ve tried every brand because I love it so much. I thought I had found my absolutely favorite with the Oribe dry texturizing spray (I still highly recommend), but this one from Living Proof blew it out of the water. It also smells amazingggg! I use it throughout my hair after I curl it to add some height and texture so my curls look a little messy and not so put together. I probably go through about 2 bottles a month of this product.
- Unite Blonda Toning Shampoo – I had never heard of purple shampoo, but I am really amazed with this product. Blonda Shampoo was recommended to me by my hair dresser when I started bleaching the ends of my hair for a brunette balayage look. I kept complaining because I felt like 2 weeks after coloring my hair, the color would go back to it’s golden brassy look rather than the ash blonde I was hoping for. She told me to try this shampoo as a supplemental toning product once a week to retone the ends of my hair. So far, I’ve been really impressed with how good it works. It definitely helps keep my hair the color I want it to be in month 2, but come month 3, I’m ready for another dye job.
- All Nighter Setting Spray – I used to swear by MAC Fix+ that all the beauty bloggers used, but I recently discovered this product and I have to say I am never looking back. After I’ve finished my makeup, I use this setting spray as a light mist all over my face to seal my makeup. It prevents my foundation from running and truly helps my makeup stay all night. I really love this product so far.
Hopefully you’ve found some products above that caught your eye and you’re interested in trying. Definitely let me know your thoughts if you give them a try or have used them in the past. I’d love to hear!