For today’s Friday Five post I’m sharing the five ways I’m getting organized in the New Year. I know, I know, you’re probably thinking, “Really Bailey? We haven’t even had Thanksgiving yet and you’re already talking about the New Year.”
My response to that would be 1. it is never too soon to start getting organized 🙂 and 2. my five keys to organization are centered around my Plum Paper planner, which is customizable and therefore takes a couple of weeks to print and receive. That means, you need to go ahead and order it NOW so that you can have it beginning in the New Year.
Also, did I mention this planner makes for a GREAT holiday gift!? I eat, live and breathe by this planner, so I know anyone would appreciate receiving this as a gift. They’re even offering a great deal for HTS readers. You can get 10% off now until December 31st if you order on their website with promo code SKINNY10!
Most importantly, they come in the most adorable prints! Because I know that is what we all look for in a planner, lol! I have the family ME planner, but they also make planners for teachers and students. Last but not least, every planner is customizable. You can insert different page sections for blog, fitness, teacher, mom, etc. depending on your life needs! Check out some of my favorites in the widget below:
- Have a monthly perspective so that you can plan ahead and not double book. My Plum Paper planner has a monthly and weekly view. I absolutely love this feature because it allows me to add big event items to my monthly view (birthdays, vacations, meetings, appointments, etc.), but it also includes a weekly view so that I can dissect my daily tasks (blog posts, workouts, dinners, e-mails, etc.). Having both keeps me organized in the short-term and long-term, and keeps this type-A girl sane! 🙂
2. Set monthly goals! This planner starts every month with the page in the photo above. It includes 3 monthly goals, birthdays, events and things to remember, as well as a note sheet. It might be one of my favorite features of the Plum Paper planner because I have hard time stepping out of my daily tasks and seeing the bigger picture of what I truly want to accomplish. This is especially helpful in blogging. I plan ever single post without thinking about updating my media kit or changing a feature on my blog – the big picture business items that truly result in growth. Setting monthly goals (in any job or life in general) helps you remember what you are working towards and achieving them is so gratifying.
3. Plan for each of your “many hats.” In my household, I have the title of wife, dog mom, blogger, marketer (in my desk job), cook, maid, home-owner and the list goes on. Sometimes I can get overwhelmed by the tasks of fulfilling each of these “hats” I wear. My Plum Paper planner really helps me get organized and take a step back so that I’m less stressed. The weekly view is separated into 7 customizable rows that allows you to make a schedule/to-do list for each row (photo below). Mine is currently segmented into Blog Post, Social, E-mail, Workout, Dinner, etc. so that I can create a plan for each of my many hats. I know this is a feature everyone will appreciate!
4. Prioritize a to-do list. In addition to the 7 customizable rows, each Plum Paper planner also includes mini to-do lists. If for some reason your list gets too long on a single day, I always write about everything I want to accomplish and then prioritize it by what is most important. That way, if a couple of things don’t get checked off of my list at list at least they are not the most important items.
5. Write everything down and don’t rely on your memory. This is one Drew rings in my head on a daily basis. “Make a list,” “Are you sure you didn’t forget anything?” To be fair, I’m verryyyyy guilty of always forgetting something. It’s actually become a joke when we leave on vacation because we both know I’ve left something behind and we just hope it’s not my phone or our plane tickets, lol! I’ve been trying to create a practice of writing everything down so that I can have a checklist and make sure I don’t forget anything. I have to admit that I’ve seen improvement in myself and I think Drew would agree to! 🙂 The Plum Paper planner has lotssss of places for you to make list, take notes, write everything down so tit’s been a hugeeee help!
I hope you’ll enjoy practicing my five keys to getting organized in the New Year. Don’t forget that you can grab any of these Plum Paper planners below from their website at 10% off with code SKINNY10 at checkout! Hope you have a great weekend!